interviews interviews interviews

helllooo guys! its been a long time since I last blogged uh?

hahah been so busy this week..to be exact, been so busy with interviews this week. went for Camp HA facil interview on tues, smu interview on thurs, and had sutd interview today. but yay! finally all are done with :)

Ytd smu interview was a real stressful one. Before I went in my senior was still telling me that its going to be a fun one..don't worry. OMGGG frankly speaking I had never felt soooo stress during interview before. Ok sidetrack a bit, prior to the interview obviously I tried to do some research, ask those who had gone through it to share their experience. And and and, because of all these I thought I was kinda prepared already. But I was soooo wrong. lol!

So basically, prior to the interview, we had to go into a room and there will be seniors who are already in the room to conduct this pre-interview thingy. It consist of 3 section - personality test, write about your experience in each of the category they named part is the main topic. For my interview, we had to come up with website design for a hotel resort. (well this should be something that I am bit familiar with supposedly, but IS isn't really looking for the design you see). During the interview, firstly we had to present our design/layout of the webpg on the visualiser. Its all fine until the interviewer asked: if you were to make one improvement how would you go about it? My first thought internally was: seriously...if I can think of anything better I would have put it down no? D: so you can guess that I didn't really know how to answer it and babber some stuff that me myself dun even understand what am I talking about LOL. then the next part is the estimate question whereby we were asked: how many people login to facebook on a Friday night from 7pm-11pm. hahhaa interesting ehh? we were given a piece of paper to write on and then they collected it. the worse thing is we are expected to repeat what we had written :OOO so thanks to my poor memory I was kinda confuse at some parts while explaining.... hmm nxt part of the interview is the norm Q and A.
this roughly concludes smu interview which took around 2 hrs plus

The interview at sutd was a complete contrast to the one at smu. In fact, I was extremely nervous prior to it cos Janice told me they ask her physics and maths questions even though she did not hav physics background. Hence I was kinda worried that I would be asked content based questions too :X
But guess what! For a start, the interviewer was real nice and friendly. They almost made me felt like I was talking to my friends and well, I said some rubbish at times :P It was really like a bit of chit chat session but the interview was short, like it only lasted for around 20 mins...as compared to the other applicant who was in the room next to mine. He went in before me but was still inside when I left. I would say I enjoyed the interview and phew! they didn't ask me content based questions hahas. However, I realised myself saying too much " and ya.." and "and stuff". like omggg seriously how could I say that during an interview man. In addition I also kept saying " as I hav said". I remember reading somewhere long time ago during pw OP time, that one should never says " as I hav said" during interview as it will seems like you are implying the interviewers did not listen to you. lols. But basically the interview is revolving around them trying to get to know you. Haiz if you ask me would I get in, I seriously have no idea. I mean enjoying the interview is one thing, but performing well/ impressive enough is another no? And to top it off, my senior told me that for her year, 4000 applicants applied but only 300 was selected. :O Frankly speaking it will really be an honour if I am selected :)

yupp that's all. actually the aim of this post is to help those who are going to interview and trying to do some research like I did that time hahas. I was really thankful for all those information available online be it in the forum or blogs. Hee so I thought why not I do the same so as to contribute to the pool of information :D

update 2017: Yes i did got in both of the interview i mentioned above. Noticed people really do look at this post hahas hence the update. However eventually I chose to study at NTU which is a decision that i havent regretted till today :)

Comments

Popular Posts